- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10-12 People
These moist muffins are full of delicious flavor!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, finely grated
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg yolks; mix well.
- Blend flour combination and lemon juice to egg mixture.
- Fold beaten egg whites and lemon rind into mixture.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.