- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 10 Cakes
No one can resist a sugary funnel cake. Try this funnel cake recipe today!
- 1 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 large eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- Confectioners' sugar, for topping
- In a saucepan, boil water, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt together in a saucepan. Add flour to pan and stir until well incorporated and dough forms a ball.
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and allow to cool for 3 to 4 minutes. With mixer at the lowest speed, add eggs one at a time, making sure the first egg is completely mixed before continuing. Once finished and mixture is smooth, put dough in a piping bag fitted with a number 12 tip.
- Heat about 1 1/2 inches of oil in a heavy pan or deep fryer. Pipe dough into oil, making a free-form pattern about ten inches wide. Cook until brown and flip once to cook the other side. Remove cake from oil, drain on paper towels, and top with confectioners' sugar. Continue until all of the batter is used.