- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
If you have any leftover fried rice from the night before use that instead of making new rice.
- 1-1/2 cups steamed white rice)
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 block (14 ounce) extra firm tofu cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 bag (1 pound) baby spinach
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- 2 tablespoons toasted (Asian) sesame oil
- 1/2 bunch scallions sliced into small rounds
- Place a wok over medium heat and add the sesame oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 3 minutes, or until garlic turns golden brown, then add the tofu.
- In the meantime, place the soy sauce, honey and sambal is a small bowl and whisk together to combine.
- Add the soy mixture to the wok and cook until tofu is golden.
- Stir in the spinach and sauté for 1 minute, and then fold in the cooked rice.
- Serve the tofu fried rice immediately, garnished with the sliced scallions.