- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 10-12 People
Sweet caramel cake is easily done by filling your choice of cake with sweetened condensed milk and caramel ice cream topping. Different topping variations include: chopped nuts, chocolate chips or chopped pieces of a candy bar.
- 1 box of chocolate or vanilla cake mix
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 8-ounce container of Cool Whip
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Bake cake per box instructions.
- When cake has thoroughly cooled, poke medium-sized holes throughout the entire cake.
- Pour entire can of sweetened condensed milk over top of cake, concentrating on getting it into the holes. Repeat using caramel ice cream topping.
- Apply a layer of Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top of cake.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.