- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: Serves 8
A sweet Southern inspired side dish with honey-glazed yams and apples. A healthy and festive addition to your Thanksgiving Day feast.
- 3 pounds yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Empty ingredients into a large baking dish and bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Test yams for tenderness.
- Increase the oven to 500 degrees and continue baking until yams are golden brown and all the liquid in the pan evaporates; approximately 15 minutes. Serve immediately.