- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These chewy cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 3/4 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Cream shortening, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla; set aside.
- Combine flour, baking soda and oats.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
- Drop by teaspoon onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.