- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen muffins
These bran muffins are actually quite delicious, especially when served alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 6 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Combine flour, whole wheat flour, wheat bran, salt and baking soda; set aside.
- Mix together molasses, buttermilk, egg and butter.
- Blend flour combination into molasses mixture.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.