- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 24 People
This sweet cake serves well at many summertime functions, including picnics, parties and barbecues. Dust with powdered sugar before serving or top with your favorite buttercream frosting.
- 2 cups flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, bananas, butter, buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes.