- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6
Sweet and White Potato Casserole uses canned sweet potatoes.
- 6 medium white potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters
- boiling water
- 1, 16 ounce can sweet potatoes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- dash pepper
- In large saucepan, cover white potatoes with boiling water and cook, covered, until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well and leave in saucepan.
- Meanwhile in small saucepan, heat sweet potatoes over low heat. Add to white potatoes.
- In same saucepan, heat milk and 1/2 cup butter until butter melts.
- With electric mixer at low speed, mash potatoes until smooth. Gradually beat in hot milk mixture, salt and pepper; beat at medium speed until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Turn into a heated 1 1/2 quart heatproof serving dish. Melt remaining butter; brush over potatoes. Run under the broiler for 3 minutes to brown top.