- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 8
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8-ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Jalpeno pepper jelly, melted
- Shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, cook peppers and green onion in hot oil, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. In another bowl lightly beat eggs. Beat in yogurt, milk and melted butter.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until combined but still slightly lumpy. Gently fold in pepper mixture.
- Preheat waffle iron and spray with cooking spray or brush with oil and butter.
- Pour 1 to 1-1/4 cups of batter into waffle iron and close lid quickly. Cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- When waffle is done, use a fork to lift it off the grid. Keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, top with melted jalpeno jelly and shredded cheese.