- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 4 hr 15 min
- Serving: 30 appetizers
Succulent pieces of sweet and spicy shrimp make this a delicious appetizer.
- 1 pound large (26 to 35 count) raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, rinsed, drained
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4-full with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes. Immediately remove the shrimp from the pan, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Place the olive oil, lemon juice, onion, honey, horseradish, garlic, hot pepper sauce and salt in a large Ziploc bag, and then add the garlic. Close the bag and then flip bag until shrimp are coated. Place the shrimp in the refrigerator for 4 hours to marinate, flipping bag every 1/2-hour.
- Remove shrimp from the bag, drain, and discard the marinade. Serve shrimp on a large platter.