- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 to 6 servings
Although sweet and sour dishes usually involve pork, using turkey in this recipe is equally as delicious. Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large red or green pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1, 20-ounce can pineapple chunks with juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups diced cooked turkey
- Mix together the 1/2 cup of chicken broth, soy sauce and cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Place the butter in a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the onion, bell pepper, ginger, salt and red pepper. Stir to coat with the butter, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Add the pineapple, 3/4-cup chicken broth, vinegar and sugar to the pan and stir to combine.
- Pour in the cornstarch mixture and increase the heat to high. Bring the mixture to a simmer and then add the chicken.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, turn the heat to low and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.