- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 18 min
- Total: 1 hr 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A simple and delicious meal, this pork dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner in a pinch. Have your butcher cut the pork into strips in advance to save additional time.
- 2 pounds pork loin, cut into 2-inch long 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 pineapple chunks
- 1 small green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat, and fry the pork until browned.
- Remove the meat from the wok and drain on some paper towels.
- Add the pineapple juice, stock, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the wok and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has thickened and is clear in color.
- Place the pork back into the wok, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 1 hour.
- Mix in the pineapple chunks, green pepper and the onion and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot over white rice.