- Prep: 35 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A blend of carrots and onions coasted with a sweet and sour dressing make this a great dish to serve with a mild-flavored entrée.
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium carrots, cut in very thin strips
- 3/4 cup sweet onion cut into thin rings
- Cilantro to garnish
- Place the vinegar, honey, chili powder, oil and a pinch of salt and pepper into a salad bowl and whisk until thoroughly blended.
- Add the carrots and the onion and toss until coated with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve sprinkled with a bit of cilantro.