- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: Makes 1 cup
Pepitas is the Spanish word for “little seed of squash.” Enjoy these squash seeds toasted and then coated with a sweet and smoky light brown sugar, cumin and smoked paprika blend.
- 1 cup pepitas (or 2 cups sunflower seeds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the pepitas into a bowl with the oil and 2 tablespoons of the light brown sugar, and then toss to coat.
- Spread the coated pepitas onto a baking sheet and then place in the oven for 6-7 minutes until toasted.
- In the meantime, put the remaining sugar, salt, cumin and smoked paprika into a bowl and mix to blend.
- Remove the pepitas from the oven and add to the bowl with the spices. Toss well to coat and then serve.