- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes in this side dish recipe according to your own personal preference.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained, and roughly chopped
- 12 Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 medium cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- About 3/4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- Generous 1/4 cup of basil, julienned
- Place a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the garlic, sauté until golden and then stir in the red pepper flakes, capers, and olives.
- Place the cauliflower into the pan and then pour in the wine. Cook uncovered until half of the liquid has evaporated and then add the raisins and the tomatoes.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan and cook the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil and serve immediately.