- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 10
Supreme Vanilla Cake is luscious because it's flavored with coconut and crushed pineapple. It's a great make ahead cake that will serve a crowd.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1, 20 ounce can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2, 3 1/2 ounce packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1, 8 ounce carton whipped topping
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan.
- While cake bakes, bring pineapple and sugar to a boil and cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture is syrupy and thick, about 3 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove pan from oven and poke hole into it with a wooden skewer or fork. Pour the pineapple mixture on top. Spread to cover cake. Cool completely.
- When cake is cool, mix the pudding with the milk and beat until thick; spread over cake. Mix whipped topping with coconut and spread over cake. Refrigerate overnight.