- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 3 hr 20 min
- Total: 3 hr 35 min
- Serving: 8 servings
*SUBSTITUTION: Use 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, sage and/or thyme, crushed.
Cost per recipe*: $23.09.
Cost per serving*: $2.89.
*Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.
- 10- to 12-pound fresh whole turkey or frozen whole turkey, thawed
- 1/3 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
- 1 large shallot or onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, sage and/or thyme*
- 1 envelope Knorr® Roasted Turkey gravy mix, prepared according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove giblets from turkey cavities and rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry with paper towels. Season, if desired, with salt and freshly ground black pepper; set aside.
- Combine Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise, shallot and herbs in medium bowl; set aside. Starting at neck opening, gently loosen skin on turkey and evenly spread 1/2 of the mayonnaise mixture under skin. Tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Arrange turkey, breast side up, in large shallow roasting pan with rack; rub remaining mayonnaise mixture over outside of turkey. Tent with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Decrease oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and roast turkey 1-1/2 hours. Remove foil and continue roasting, about 1 hour, basting occasionally with pan juices, until thermometer inserted in thickest part of the thigh reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit. Let stand covered loosely with foil 20 minutes before carving. Serve with hot Knorr® Roasted Turkey gravy.