- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 5 Servings
This super mango smoothie combines fresh cardamom seeds with mango nectar, Greek yogurt, honey and ground pistachio nuts. The result is a delicious and energizing beverage, as well as an ideal way to start a new day.
- 10 cardamom pods
- 3 cups mango nectar (about two 11.5- to 12.5-ounce cans), chilled
- 2 8-ounce cartons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons ground pistachio nuts
- Carefully hit the cardamom pods with a meat pounder to open. Remove the internal seeds and then place into a mortar and pestle, or a spice grinder, and crush.
- Transfer the crushed seeds to a blender and then add the nectar, yogurt and honey. Process the mixture until smooth and then serve in tall glasses garnished with the ground pistachio nuts. Serve immediately.