- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Your kids will be glued to the dinner table if they hear it’s Sloppy Joes night! Enjoy these classic sandwiches on lightly buttered, toasted crusty rolls.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef sirloin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning blend
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 crusty rolls, split, toasted
- 4 slices Cheddar cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and add the ground sirloin.
- Break the meat into pieces and sprinkle with the brown sugar and the steak seasoning. Continue to cook the meat for 7-8 minutes until browned.
- Add the onion, peppers, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and mix well. Cook for an additional 7 minutes and then add the tomato sauce and ketchup. Once the mixture begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meat mixture onto the toasted rolls and top with a slice of cheese. Serve immediately.