- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 4 hr
- Total: 4 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club Cookbook. this dish can be cooked in a crock pot or baked in an oven.
- 2 cups canned red beans, drained
- 2 cups canned lima beans, drained
- 2 cups canned garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lg. onion, chopped fine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. cumin powder (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put drained beans into a 2 1/2-quart casserole; mix lightly and set aside.
- In large skillet cook ground beef, onions, and garlic until meat is lightly browned.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except beans).
- Add skillet mixture to beans in casserole; mix together.
- Simmer mixture in crockpot for 3 to 4 hours.
- Alternative: Cover and bake for about an hour at 325 degrees F.