- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: makes 8
A complete meal in a muffin. Corn muffins baked in hollowed out orange shells.
- 8 oranges
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the top off the oranges and remove the pulp and juice.
- Beat the egg slightly, stir in the milk and margarine. Mix in the cornmeal, flours, baking powder and salt. Add the corn.
- Scoop into the hollowed out oranges. Place on a muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. When ready to eat, just peel and enjoy!