- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 8 hr
- Total: 8 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A comforting Sunday roast with carrots and potatoes, slow cooked for an out-of-the-kitchen afternoon.
- 1 (2 pound) chuck roast, fat trimmed
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 4 large carrots, quartered
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Slice the roast into two even pieces. Brown in a skillet, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables to the bottom of a greased slow cooker, and arrange the roast pieces over top.
- Pour 1-1/2 cups of the beef broth over top, refrigerating the remainder.
- Cook covered for 8-9 hours on low.
- Before serving, use a slotted spoon to remove the beef and vegetables to a platter, keep warm.
- Pour the cooking liquid into a saucepan and pour the remaining broth in, Stir in the cornstarch until smooth. Boil for 1 minute, stirring non-stop. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve the beef and veggies with the gravy over top.