- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 48 min
- Total: 1 hr 13 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
When you wake up in the morning looking for something sweet instead of salty bacon and eggs, try this recipe for cinnamon and raisin French toast and serve with a pat of butter, a dusting of powdered sugar and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.
- 7 large eggs
- 2-1/2cups half and half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices cinnamon-raisin bread or French bread, 1-1/2-inch-thick
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large baking dish, whisk together the eggs, cream, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add in the bread slices and coat well with mixture. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat, and fry the slices of bread for 3 minutes, turning once; add more butter as needed. Bread will turn a golden brown color.
- Place the fried bread on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes. Remove and serve warm.