- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Some say Jerusalem artichoke, others say sunchoke. These versatile root vegetables - in season October through March - have a crisp texture and can be added to salads, side dishes and sautes.
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1 pound sunchokes, peeled, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bacon slices, cooked, crumbled
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and squeeze the juice from half of the lemon into it. Add sunchokes to pot and cook 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add juice from remaining lemon half, tomatoes, shallots, thyme, and bacon. Combine well and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve warm or chilled.