- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 min
- Total: 13 min
- Serving: 4
You can use this sauce to top grilled or roasted meats including steak, pork and chicken. Use sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil possible.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, preferably in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- Place the water, tomatoes, capers, garlic, parsley and vinegar into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the tomato mixture to a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes and then season to taste with salt and pepper.