- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Ideally, you should use your own homemade pesto for this recipe. Traditional pesto made with pine nuts works well, but consider using a walnut or almond-based variation instead.
- 8 ounces small shell pasta
- 1 cup frozen petite green peas, rinsed, defrosted and patted dry
- 4 slices bacon
- 1.4 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup pesto
- sea salt fresh black pepper
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Fresh Basil to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to package directions and then drain well.
- In the meantime, place the bacon into a small skillet and cook over medium heat for about 6 minutes until crispy. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towel to drain, and then roughly chop once cool enough to handle.
- Place the hot pasta, bacon, peas, sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, onions, pesto and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and toss gently to coat. Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.