- Prep: 2 hr 40 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 2 hr 46 min
- Serving: Makes about 2-1/4 cups
Look for sun-dried tomatoes that aren’t overly dry or chewy. A plumper and somewhat waxy-textured variety will have a better balance of acidity and fruity sweetness.
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes halves (not oil-packed)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Place 1-inch of water into a saucepan, add the tomatoes and then bring the mixture to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 6 minutes .
- Transfer the tomatoes to a blender and add the parsley, chives, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and garlic, and then process the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the tomato mixture into a bowl and then stir in the yogurt and the sour cream. Mix well to combine and then cover and refrigerate the dip for 2-1/2 hours before serving.