- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This summery recipe for Fettuccine Alfredo is made with a blend of ricotta cheese, pecorino cheese and fresh chopped basil. Serve with a bottle of Chardonnay or Pinot Bianco for an elegant and satisfying meal.
- 3/4 pound fettuccine
- 1 cup thick whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely grated pecorino cheese, 1-1/2 ounces plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped basil leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the fettuccine according to package directions, drain (reserving 3/4 cup of the cooking liquid), and set aside.
- Put the ricotta and 1/2 cup of the pecorino cheese into the hot pot and then whisk vigorously with the reserved cooking liquid from the pasta.
- Add the pasta to the pot, along with the fresh basil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss the mixture well to coat and then serve sprinkled with additional pecorino cheese.