- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6-8 servings
Apple meringue topped pie, great summertime dessert.
- 1 (3 ounce) pacakge lemon flavor gelatin
- 1 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp American cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream, whipped
- Dissolve the gelatin in the water and chill until partially set.
- Mix together the pie filling, lemon peel and spices. Reserving 1/4 cup of gelatin, mix the remaining in with the apple mixture and pour into the crust.
- Combine the remaining gelatin, cheese and whipped cream to form a meringue. Spread on top of the apple mixture and chill until firm.