- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: Makes 4 Servings
Serve up the flavors of summer in this delightful vegetable and potato salad.
- 1 pound small yellow or red new potatoes, sliced
- 2 fresh ears of sweet corn, cooked, or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced or cut into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot or red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Place the potatoes into a medium-sized saucepan and cover with salted water. Boil the potatoes for 6 minutes, covered, and then drain and place in a salad bowl.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut the corn from the cob and place into the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the tomatoes and gently toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, place the oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the mixture until blended and then pour over the potato mixture. Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the salad with the feta cheese and fresh basil leaves.