- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
As mature squash tend to have a slightly bitter flavor and thicker seed, use tender young squash for this elegant side dish recipe instead.
- 1-1/2 pounds zucchini, yellow, or zephyr squash
- 1 shallot, very thinly sliced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup basil, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- Slice the ends off of the squash and then cut into long, thin strips using a vegetable peeler.
- Put the squash ribbons into a bowl, along with the shallot, olive oil and vinegar, and toss well to combine. Set the mixture aside for 10 minutes to marinate and then sprinkle with a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste.
- Top the salad with the pine nuts and the goat cheese, and then toss gently to combine prior to serving.