- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Total: 12 min
- Serving: 4
My favorite and oft-made salad combines rich mixed greens, crisp jicama, juicy tomatoes, ripe avocado, toothsome yellow beans, and crunchy pistachios. This tasty salad serves as a light summer supper with a cool glass of wine on overly warm evenings.
- 8 cups mesclun or mixed salad greens
- 1 cup chopped, peeled jicama
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, diced (about Â¾ cup)
- 1/2 medium avocado, chopped (about Â¾ cup)
- 1/2 pound yellow wax beans, ends trimmed* (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- Black pepper to taste
- Pinch salt
- Blanch yellow beans for 2 minutes in a pot of salted boiling water or microwave in a microwave-safe container for 2 minutes on HIGH.
- Remove from heat and immediately submerge into a bowl of ice water to halt cooking and to cool down.
- Snap or cut beans in half.
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and serve.
- If making ahead, add pistachios right before serving.