- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
This drink can either be enjoyed as a non-alcoholic beverage, or can be spiked with the chilled vodka of your choice.
- 1 cup water
- 2-inches fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced finely
- 1-1/2 cups super fine sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 quart club soda, chilled
- 1 lemon finely sliced for garnish
- Place 1 cup of water, the ginger, lemon juice and the sugar in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat, and bring to a simmer while stirring.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool. Remove and discard the ginger slices.
- Fill a high-ball cocktail glass with ice and then add 3 slices of lemon. Pour in 1/2 cup of the sugar mixture and then top with the soda.