- Prep: 1 hr 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This cool and creamy cucumber slaw works well topped on spicy food, baked potatoes or alone as a salad. Try to use fresh, grilled corn if available.
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and roughly diced
- 3 ears of fresh grilled corn, or 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 package of pre-chopped cabbage cole saw mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- juice from one lime
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Place the red onion in a bowl with water and soak for 30 minutes before roughly chopping onto pieces.
- In a small bowl, place the garlic, lime juice, sour cream, vinegar, and olive oil and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Put the onion, tomato, corn, cucumber, black beans, and cabbage in a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Add the sour cream mixture to the cucumber mixture, as well as a few pinches of salt and pepper, and then gently toss to coat.
- Fold in the cilantro, cover and chill for 30 minutes prior to serving.