- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: Makes 12 muffins
A sweet crunch and tangy raspberries combine deliciously in Sugar-Topped Raspberry Muffins. Great over a leisurely breakfast or for grabbing on-the-go.
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup of whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups of fresh raspberries
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line one 12-cup muffin pan with liners or coat cups with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine 1-3/4 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of the sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until it is all combined.
- In another bowl, add the raspberries and the remaining flour.
- Gently fold the raspberry mixture into the batter.
- Carefully fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Use the remaining sugar to sprinkle over each cup.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Transfer muffins to a cooling rack and serve warm or completely cool.