- Prep: 14 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 14 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use fresh, seasonal sugar snap peas from your local farmer’s market for a lovely crisp and bright side dish.
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- 3 large shallots, large-diced
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil over high heat.
- Add the peas and blanch for 3 minutes, then drain and place in a bowl of cold water to stop from cooking.
- Place the butter and the oil into a large sauté pan over medium heat; add the shallots and sauté for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the beans and sprinkle the mixture with a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to combine and cook until heated through. Serve immediately.