- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 36 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Steamed, and then chilled, sugar snap peas are tossed with a creamy fresh tarragon dressing to make a delicious and aromatic dish. Double the recipe and add shredded chicken for a lovely main-dish salad.
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place the peas in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water and steam for 6 minutes. Spread the cooked peas onto a clean surface to cool and then place in a bowl and refrigerate for 25 minutes to chill.
- In the meantime, put the mayonnaise, yogurt, tarragon, salt and about 5 grinds of fresh pepper into a bowl and whisk vigorously until completely blended.
- Pour the dressing over the chilled peas and toss well to coat. Serve immediately.