- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 4-6 servings
Succulent pieces of jumbo shrimp are tossed with rice, corn and fresh onion in this delicious main dish salad recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked wild rice, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) corn
- 18 cooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions, rinse under cold water and then drain well. Place in a bowl with the green onions, corn, shrimp, and toss to combine.
- In the meantime, make the dressing by whisking the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, paprika, cayenne pepper and minced garlic in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Slowly pour the olive oil into the mixture, mixing vigorously to combine.
- Pour the prepared dressing over the cooked rice, sprinkle with some salt and fresh pepper to taste, and then toss gently to coat. Serve immediately.