- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 27 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This simple salad recipe is made with orzo pasta. Make sure that you drain the orzo extremely well by leaving it in a colander for a few minutes until dry. Otherwise your dressing will become diluted and watery.
- 3/4 cup uncooked orzo
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 chubby garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- Kalamata olives, pits removed, chopped
- Cook the orzo according to package directions, drain and then rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- In the meantime, place the olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper into a small bowl and whisk vigorously until thoroughly blended.
- Pour some of the dressing over the cooked orzo and toss to coat. Add the chopped fresh herbs, green onions, cucumbers and tomatoes to the bowl, toss and then add the shrimp, feta, olives and remaining dressing; toss one again to combine. Serve the salad at room temperature.