- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 4
This is not your average squash recipe. The stuffing filling in this acorn squash recipe will have even the pickiest of eaters coming back for more.
- 1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 cups dry bread stuffing mix, divided
- 1 chopped onion, divided
- garlic powder to taste
- onion powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place squash cut sides up in a shallow baking dish. In each half, place 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup stuffing mix, half the chopped onion, 3/4 cup chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Wrap each half tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for one hour or until squash is very tender.