- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Zucchini stuffed with Kellogg's All-Bran® and vegetables
- 3 medium zucchini, about 20 centimetres (8 inches) long
- 10 millilitres (2 teaspoons) vegetable oil
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) chopped celery
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) chopped green pepper
- 50 millilitres (1/2 cup) chopped green onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 small chopped tomato
- 2 millilitres (1/2 teaspoon) ground oregano
- 1 millilitres (1/4 teaspoon) ground pepper
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) All-Bran Original® cereal
- 50 millilitres (1/4 cup) dried bread crumbs
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) shredded, part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 125 millilitres (1/2 cup) tomato sauce or any prepared tomato-based pasta sauce
- 30 millilitres (2 tablespoons) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. (400 degrees F.). Crush All-Bran Original® cereal. Set aside.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a small spoon, scoop out center flesh of zucchini; roughly chop and set aside. Place hollowed-out zucchini shells in the bottom of a lightly greased, shallow baking dish.
- In medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add celery, green pepper, onions, garlic and reserved, chopped zucchini flesh. Saute for four to five minutes until softened. Remove from heat and stir in tomato, oregano, pepper, crushed All-Bran Original cereal, bread crumbs and mozzarella.
- Divide mixture evenly among hollowed-out zucchini shells. Recipe can be made ahead to this point and refrigerated for up to 12 hours.
- Spoon tomato sauce down the center of each zucchini. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until zucchinis are tender, filling is hot, and top is golden brown.