- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 30 min
- Serving: 10
Stuffed Veal Roll is filled with feta and spinach.
- 1, 5 pound rolled, boneless veal loin roast
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1, 6 ounce package baby spinach leaves
- 1, 4 ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Unroll meat and trim fat. With a meat mallet, pound to 3/4 inch thick. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions; cook and stir until soft. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds. Remove pan from heat. Add spinach; toss to coat.
- Add orzo, feta and pine nuts to spinach in skillet. Cool slightly, then mix in egg, savory, salt and pepper. Spread spinach mixture over veal, leaving a 1 inch border. Roll up veal to cover stuffing. Tie with kitchen string at 1 inch intervals.
- Place veal roll on a rack in a shallow pan. Roast 30 minutes at 425 degrees F. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F. Pour 1 cup of water into roasting pan, cover tightly with foil and roast 1 hour, 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 160 degrees F. Remove twine, slice roast and serve.