- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 6-8
Get the extra large mushrooms for these Stuffed Mushroom Caps.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 pound Italian sausage
- 2 slices prosciutto ham, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Chop stems fine and set aside.
- Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- Heat oil in skillet and cook onion and sausage until lightly browned.
- Add stems, ham and sherry to onion sausage mixture. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. Stuff mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil mushrooms 3" from heat for 3-5 minutes. Serve hot.