- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 24
Grilling jalapenos caramelizes their tender skin while bringing out their natural sweetness, a nice counter to their distinctive heat. Stuffing them with a honey laced cream cheese and bacon combination makes them addictive bites of balanced flavor.
- 12 large red or green jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Slice jalapenos in half length-wise and remove seeds and membranes. Set aside.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon and honey in a food processor and blend until smooth. Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture into jalapeno half.
- Set jalapenos on a grill basket and place on the grill, cheese side up. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is hot. Serve warm.