- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 48 appetizers
Pour yourself a glass of vintage port and enjoy these stuffed pieces of dried fruit with blue cheese and crystallized ginger.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 24 whole almonds
- 24 walnut halves
- 24 (9 ounces) pitted dried plums
- 2 ounces blue cheese, cut into 24 chunks
- 24 (6 ounces) pitted dried dates
- 24 small pieces crystallized ginger
- Place the butter in a small skillet or sauté pan, and melt over medium-high heat.
- When the butter begins to sizzle, add the almonds and the walnuts and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a small spoon, stuff the walnut mixture into the dried plums and top with a chunk of the blue cheese; place on a small serving platter.
- Fill each date with some of the walnut mixture and a piece of ginger. Add to the serving platter.