- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Stuffed Chicken Breasts are filled with Swiss Cheese.
- 10 ounces Swiss Cheese, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- pinch nutmeg
- 6 large boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups garden style marinara sauce with green peppers and mushrooms
- In a medium bowl, combine cheese, eggs, crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Place 1/4 cup cheese mixture in the center of each chicken breast. Roll and secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on all sides in hot oil; drain fat. Pour tomato sauce over chicken. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.