- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 7 hr
- Total: 7 hr 30 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A tasty beef and rice filled cabbage roll dinner, slow cooked so you can set it and forget it!
- 10-12 large cabbage leaves, washed
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Add the cabbage leave to a pot of boiling water. Turn the heat off and allow the leaves to soak for 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Mix together the beef, rice, egg, salt, pepper and cinnamon in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the beef mixture to each leave and roll tightly.
- Stack the stuffed cabbages in a greased slow cooker. Pour the tomato sauce over. Cook covered for 1 hour on high. Reduce heat to low and cook for 6-7 more hours.