- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 12
Stuffed Broiled Mushrooms are filled with Italian herbs and Cheddar cheese.
- 24 medium mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce
- pinch of Italian herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup margarine
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems; set caps aside. Chop stems very fine. Mix with onion and cheese. Add 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, dash of hot pepper sauce, Italian herbs, seasonings and bread crumbs.
- Melt margarine; add dash of hot pepper sauce and 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce. Place 1/2 teaspoon seasoned margarine into each mushroom cap. Add remaining margarine to cheese mixture; mix well.
- Stuff caps with mixture; sprinkle with paprika. Place on broiler pan. Broil until cheese melts. Serve hot.