- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
This is one of the best stuffed apples I have ever eaten.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp. grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 tbsp. orange juice concentrate
- 6 red tart apples, cored
- Stand them in a buttered mold.
- In a bowl combine 2/3 cup of the brown sugar, the raisins and the orange peel.
- Stuff the mixture into the apples.
- Fill the tops of the core cavities with butter and sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Place the mold in the crock pot.
- Pour the hot water into the pot.
- Sprinkle the orange juice concentrate over the apples.
- Cover the cooker and cook on Low for 3 to 5 hours.